- America Online customers who experience problems using the LovelineShow.com website can
improve performance by downloading and installing a stand-alone version of the Internet
- Using this stand-alone browser instead of the built-in AOL version of Internet Explorer can solve many
problems associated with accessing the World Wide Web through AOL.
- Here's how to proceed:
- Download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
- Install the downloaded browser software on your computer. (You'll find installation
instructions at the Internet Explorer download Web site.)
- Restart your computer.
- Sign on to AOL as usual but stay at the AOL Welcome page.
- Start your newly installed, stand-alone version of Internet Explorer browser- with AOL running in the background.
- Go to LovelineShow.com by pointing your Web browser to LovelineShow.com.
- If you have problems getting your new browser to work with AOL, go to the AOL Member
Services area, click "Internet & World Wide Web," then double click
the"Using other browsers with AOL" topic. This gives further advice on how to
use a browser with AOL.
- To learn how to clear your temporary internet files with the AOL browser, click here.
- To learn how to enable the cookies in the AOL browser, click here.
- Inline Frames: Inline frames or "iframes" may not work in all versions of the AOL browser. To view inline frames, follow the instructions above to download and use the latest version of Internet Explorer.
1. Launch AOL Browser.
2. Clik on the Settings Menu on the top of the page.
3. Click on the pull-down window and click on Preferences
4. Click on the Internet Properties (WWW) link in the Preferences dialogue
5. Click the Security tab
6. Click Custom
7. Click Settings
8. Scroll down to locate Scripting
9. Click Enable for Active Scripting
10. Click OK, then click the Reload button